“Stuck in the middle with you…” seems to capture the feelings of most middle school youth these days. Middle school marks a great time of change in almost every area of life. Youth no longer want to be treated like children, but they are not ready to handle the complexities of adolescence. We say they are on the “Edge.”
Edge is a Catholic middle school ministry aimed to present the truths of the Catholic Faith in a hands-on and relevant format. Edge nights allow the youth to learn about their faith through talks, skits, videos, small group discussions and sharing what they know with their friends. As part of the Catholic Church’s mission to evangelize, middle school youth are encouraged to go out and bring their friends to the Edge.
Receiving Notifications and updates
We are using Remind, a free Text/Email based messaging system to send important updates, assignments, and information for Edge. Please click here for the link to Remind.
Edge Nights – Wednesdays 7 to 8:15 pm in the school cafeteria
Goals of the Edge Program
- To foster a transforming spiritual experience of Jesus through the liturgy which will allow middle school youth to experience the Word of God and the Eucharist in a more profound way
- To create a positive experience of the Catholic Church for middle school youth
- To assist middle school youth in gaining an understanding and appreciation of what the Catholic Church teaches and believes
- To incorporate the Catholic Church’s vision of social justice and peace in the spiritual lives of middle school youth
- To develop an understanding in middle school youth that they are a vital presence within the parish community
- To enter into and transform the culture and lives of middle school youth with the Good News of Jesus Christ and His Church
Youth ministry is about developing healthy relationships with God and the Church community. In order to promote healthy relationships and maintain a proper 8 to 1 ratio for safe environment, class sizes will be limited based on the number of SE cleared volunteers. Opportunities for volunteer involvement range from a few hours occasionally to team teaching a session or leading a small group discussion. We provide training and support for the job God calls you to do.