New volunteers are requested to complete the following paperwork as soon as possible. St. Joseph Parish requires all volunteers who participate in any ministry to complete the Family of Faith Safe Environment Program. You must first be a registered, contributing member of the parish for at least 6 months before you can start the training.
- Read the Diocesan Safe Environment Handbook, and the Sexual Misconduct Policy. Please print and return the “Acknowledgement Form” on the last page of the Handbook.
- Complete and submit the online Screening Form – references must be non-family members who have known you at least 3 years.
- Attend a Safe Environment Family of Faith training class, which are offered periodically here at the parish; please check the church bulletin for dates and times or you may seek a Family of Faith training at another parish in the Diocese of Dallas.
- Participate in a personal interview; this is available at the time of training here at the parish only on a first come first serve basis. Note: If attending a Family of Faith training at another parish, you will not be allowed to have an interview at that parish, you must call the parish office to make an appointment for a face to face interview.
- Have a picture ID made. The pictures are taken at the time of training. You will receive your ID badge only after you have been screened and cleared.
A volunteer is not considered “cleared” until the safety officer has reviewed of the documentation, conducted the reference and criminal background checks and the volunteer is in possession of their ID badge.
If you have any questions, please contact the safe environment officer at 972-938-1953 ext.32 or email@example.com.