“The importance of song in our celebration of Liturgy cannot be overstated; it sets the tone throughout our worship. It begins with our gathering song and unites us as a holy people. Song has the power to unite us in the mystery of Christ’s presence in the Eucharist. If one person chooses not to sing, then we cannot all be united as a congregation.” – Bishop Joseph A. Fiorenza
The Music Ministry at St. Joseph Catholic Church has vibrant and varied choirs and ensembles in which to join. One must complete the Safe Environment Training before joining. If you would like to learn more about these opportunities to serve our parish, please contact Kristin Bittick, Director of Music Ministry at the parish office or email email@example.com.
- Cherub Choir – is geared for children ages 5-7 and sings at the 5:00 pm Saturday Mass once a month. Director: Sharrell Farmer
- St Joseph School Choir – is open to catholic school students in grades 3-8. The choir provides music for all school masses and select weekend masses.
- 5:00 pm, 8:00 and 10:00 am Choirs – provide music for the weekend Masses. Director: Kristin Bittick
- Spanish Choir – provides music for all liturgies in Spanish. Director: Gladys Aranguren
- Funeral Choir – is an informal choir that supports congregational singing at funerals.
- Cherub Choir: Wednesday 3:00 – 3:45 pm
- School Choir: Wednesday 3:00 – 4:00 pm
- 5:00 pm Choir: Saturday 3:45 – 5:00 pm
- 8:00 am Choir: Wednesday 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- 10:00 am Choir: Sunday 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Spanish Choir: Wednesday 5:00 – 7:00 pm
- Funeral Choir: 45 minutes before the funeral