Sunday Masses may resume on June 28, 2020 at 50% of building capacity. At that time, the pastor is to determine the proper schedule for Sunday Masses, taking into consideration the needs of his community and the need to allow time to sanitize the church between Masses. Sunday Masses and other devotions will continue to be livestreamed. In addition to parishes, the Diocese continues to broadcast live Masses and recorded events on the Diocese of Dallas website and local television. During such Masses, there will be an act of spiritual communion.
- All Catholics of the Diocese of Dallas remain dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass “on Sundays and other holy days of Obligation” (canon 1247) and remain dispensed until further notice, even after public Sunday Masses begin.
- Saturday Masses, including vigil Masses, may continue at 50% of building capacity. Saturday vigil Masses may continue on June 27, 2020 at 50% of building capacity. The number of Masses celebrated on Saturdays is to be determined by the pastor.
- Public weekday Masses (Monday through Friday) may continue at 50% of building capacity. The number of Masses celebrated on weekdays is to be determined by the pastor.
On Saturday, August 15th there will be a Bilingual Mass at 8am in the Church.
El sábado 15 de agosto, habrá una Misa Bilingüe en la Iglesia.
No matter how some people have chosen to look at this world, I am one of those who have come to believe that we are capable of so much if we believe in ourselves and do things right with all the abilities we have. I have refused to settle to a feeling of hopelessness and helplessness because I believe that if I summon all the abilities that I have, I will succeed with the help of God. Think of how far humanity has advanced at all levels to make this world better. Think of our myriads of inventions to overcome what would have been a challenge to us. We can fly distances in airplanes, cross the vastness of the waters of this world with ships and instantly get in contact with people miles away with telephone. These are just but a few.
The truth is that everyone among us has been given a certain measure of ability to do something in order to make this world a better place. I do not know that there is anything whatsoever we are not able to do if we put our minds and all our best into it. All we need to do at each time is to put in our all into use and to do it with responsibility. When I read the parable of the talents in Matthew’s gospel 25:27, all the master of the wicked servant asked for was just some action as simple as investing the talent so he can draw the interest at his return.
In these very unusual times that we live in, I have been asking myself one question. What is that very simple investment that the spirit of God is asking of me to make for the safety and the good health of everyone? Am I doing it as I should in a responsible and sensible way, or am I like that wicked servant of the gospel who neglected his responsibility over finding the many faults of his Master? I think the times we are in is an opportunity for everyone among us to prove that we are a people of faith. It is a time to believe in and take joy in our simple tasks and humble missions we have undertaken in our communities for the good of all. Here I wish to say a word of THANK YOU to our doctors, nurses, first responders, law enforcement, volunteers at all sectors – church, hospitals and community. May the good Lord reward you abundantly for your services.
Fr. Louis Chijioke
Please RSVP by September 1st, 2020
to the parish office at 972-938-1953.
You are invited to make or renew your Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary. (St. Louis De Montfort Program) It consists of 33 days of individual prayer to allow the Blessed Mother to work in our lives and bring us to Jesus. Preparation booklets with daily prayers will be available in the back of the church or you can find the prayers online at the Parish website. Preparation begins on September 4. Consecration will be on October 7.
This is the link where the preparation prayers can be found in English and in Spanish.
click here https://www.smlm.org/documents
Les invitamos a hacer o renovar su Consagración Total a Jesús por María. (Método de San Luis De Montfort) Consiste en orar individualmente por 33 días para permitir que María Santísima trabaje en nuestras vidas y nos lleve a Jesús. Los folletos con las oraciones diarias estarán disponibles en la parte de atrás de la iglesia o puede encontrar las oraciones en línea en la página parroquial. Comenzaremos la preparación el 4 de septiembre para consagrarnos el 7 de octubre.
Este es el enlace donde se pueden encontrar las oraciones de preparacion en ingles y en español.
haga clic aqui >> https://www.smlm.org/documents
- Saturday 5 pm (English) in the church
- Sunday 8 and 10 am (English) and 12 pm (Spanish) in the church
- Monday – no services
- Tuesday – Thursday 12 pm in the chapel
- Friday 8 am in the chapel
- Friday immediately after 8 a.m. Mass in the chapel
- Saturday 3 p.m. in the church
- Appointment – call the parish office 972.938.1953
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parish Office: 972.938.1953
- Emergency If you need a priest for an extremely serious medical emergency or in danger of death, please leave a message.
Volunteers – if the date on your badge has the current month and year – it’s time to renew!
- New Adult Volunteers
- Current or Renewing Adult Volunteers
- Safe Environment Officer, Nancy Martinez
- Office Hours: Monday thru Thursday, 8:30 am – 4 pm
The Diocese of Dallas has created the Safe Environment Program and its requirements for all volunteers must completed before serving with the children, youth and vulnerable adults of the diocese.
All people of faith are welcome to worship at St. Joseph Catholic Church. We believe that membership in our faith community is signified by completing a parish registration form, participating in the sacramental life of the community and contributing to the support of the parish.
Proof of membership or a letter from your previous parish is required before enrolling children and youth in our faith formation programs.
Contribution envelopes are only printed once a year and distributed in December to members who request them.
Click here Parish Registration Form.