Saint Joseph Catholic Church –
- Saint Vincent de Paul – Provides financial aid and other assistance
- Call (972) 938-1953 and select option 2
- Project Gabriel – Provides help for crisis pregnancies and for new mothers
- Call (972) 938-1953 and ask for Project Gabriel
Saint Vincent de Paul of Dallas –
- Saint Vincent de Paul Pharmacy – Provides free prescription medication for those without insurance
- Address: 5750 Pineland Drive, Dallas, Texas 75231
- Telephone: (469) 232-9902
- Website: https://svdpdallas.org/pharmacy/
- Saint Vincent de Paul Mini-Loan Program – Provides low interest loans for emergencies or to pay off high interest payday and auto title loans
- Help Line: (972) 218-6605
- Information: (469) 607-0909
Catholic Charities for the Diocese of Dallas –
- Food & Diaper Assistance
- Food Questions: 1-866-CCD-7500
- Diapers Questions: 214-526-2772
- Address: 1421 W. Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75247
- Disaster Help Line
- Telephone – 214-257-0674
- Email – CCDdisaster@ccdallas.org
- Domestic Violence Hotline
- Unplanned Pregnancy Hotline
- 469-602-HELP (4357)
- 1-800-BABY-DUE (National Number)
- Immigration Legal Services
- Eviction Assistance
- Legal Aid of Northwest Texas – (214) 783-1234
- Texas Tenants Union – http://www.txtenants.org
Community Based Resources by City –
- Waxahachie – Waxahachie Care provides counseling, food, and financial assistance to those living in Waxahachie and south Ellis County down to Italy.
- Waxahachie – Daniel’s Den provides emergency housing for up to 3 days. They also have limited transitional housing for women and married couples for up to 6 months.
- Waxahachie – Salvation Army provides rent and utility assistance and food to those in need. From June through August they also open their air-conditioned facilities to those needing relief from the heat. They also have a Boys and Girls Club, but there is a fee for children to join.
- Waxahachie – Healing Hearts Center provides shelter, counseling, and crisis intervention to families experiencing domestic violence or sexual assault.
- Waxahachie – Hope Clinic provides a sliding fee discount for health care services to the uninsured, indigent, and under served in and around Ellis County.
- Waxahachie – Legal Aid of North Texas provides free civil legal services to low income residents.
- Midlothian – Manna House provides food, prescription, and utilities assistance to the residence within the Midlothian ISD area who are in need. They also run a resale shop called Heaven’s Attic.
- Ennis – Helping Hands provides food, clothing, and financial (rent/mortgage, and some utility bills) assistance to families in crisis in eastern Ellis County (Ennis and the surrounding communities).
- Red Oak, Ovilla, and Ferris – North Ellis County Outreach provides food, utility and rent assistance to people in Red Oak, Ovilla, Ferris, Oak Leaf and Glenn Heights (northern Ellis County). They run a thrift store to raise funds for their mission.
National Drug Addiction Helpline
- (888) 633-3239
Texas Department of Family Protective Services (to report senior abuse and child abuse)
- (800) 252-5400
Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities (to report abuse in nursing homes)
- (800) 458-9858
Domestic Abuse/Violence (English) –
- National Domestic Violence Hotline –
- 24 Hour Hotline: (800) 799-SAFE (7233)
- Internet and chat: http://www.thehotline.org
- Dating Violence –
- 24 Hour Hotline: (866) 331-9474
- Internet and chat: https://www.loveisrespect.org
- Text: Text “loveis” to 22522
- Sexual Violence – The Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network –
- Telephone: (800) 656-HOPE (4673)
- Internet and chat: https://www.rainn.org
- Emergency Assistance in Ellis County – The Healing Hearts Center –